Friday, April 25, 2014

How about today you stay off Facebook...

I gave up Facebook for Lent this year and it was tough because I was kind of addicted. (Ok, really addicted). But I was glad I did it, because it created space in my life for other more important things: reading my Bible, connecting with my daughter, exercise, rest!

I was excited to get back to following my friends on Facebook once Easter had come and gone, but I realize more than ever what a soul sucker it is if I let it be! So, I guess I will be doing my best to frequent FB a little less. Instead, I would really like to continue cultivating good soul fulfilling habits in my life and that's why I'm writing again.

I used to write a lot, but now I have this strange fear of writing, particularly on the internet for the whole world to see. Of course, I can write in private but I think the fear is something I want to overcome. So, I write. This post isn't as witty or spunky or profound as I'd like it to be, but I am really trying to find the joy in the process of getting my thoughts down and the freedom which will hopefully come as a result.


No comments: