Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally Moving!

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote a post here. Actually, it feels like I've been holding my breath for the past 5 months and it has been hard to concentrate on anything other than, will my husband be here for the birth of our child? It has been a difficult road, being separated like this in such a vulnerable time. But I have had such an incredible support network of friends and family. I am so thankful for them!

GOOD NEWS! We just found out on Monday Patrick was indeed granted the visitor visa and he will be arriving the beginning of July! Phew...I can now let out a sigh of sweet relief! I know he will be by my side for this momentous occasion.

Now begins the real work of preparation. Preparing for Patrick's arrival, for baby's arrival, preparing to be parents!! I am so excited, nervous, anxious.

A lot of people have been asking us what next also. We honestly don't have an answer yet. I know, it seems odd that we could wait so long to make decisions about our future, but that's kind of how we operate, and I'm ok with that. When we're ready, we'll make the big decisions about where to be in the immediate future, with Uganda and Africa still at the centre of our hearts.

Wow, it feels good to be moving forward after this long, arduous waiting time. Kind of like filling your lungs with fresh air after travelling in an airplane for 2 days. It's almost intoxicating!

Step, step, step...breathe...

30 Weeks

No comments: