Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year, New Journey

Well...here I am, back in the Scott household, in my old room, in Calgary, in the winter, getting over jet lag and wondering how I got here.

I have the best family and friends. So supportive, loving, encouraging, generous...so I feel guilty wishing I wasn't here.

Walking through the Calgary airport terminal on my way to collect my luggage, I got teary-eyed.  And not because of the usual feeling of how good it is to be 'home,' but because I didn't want to be 'home.' I wanted to be with Patrick, my husband of only 6 months, who I left back in Uganda in our apartment, alone.

I am going to try to be positive about this.  There are blips and bumps and valleys and all that along life's journey. Just because the view from here is sheltered and shrouded in mystery, does not mean there isn't a big grande view just above me, waiting to be revealed...

I am going to make my peace with this...somehow...

No comments: