Thursday, October 14, 2010

Breathe Deeply

How many months has it been since I unrolled my purple yoga mat? Too many! With all the travelling and running around, I have really grown lax with any kind of exercise routine. But today, feeling my body ache in ways it hasn't before, I decided I needed to get back on the mat! 

And OH! What a great hour I spent, twisting, moving and manipulating my body, gently, into the various poses, focusing on breathing in..and out..feeling the stress and worry in my mind slip quietly away if only for that one hour.

Though I have definitely lost strength and flexibility, it still felt so good! Like a hot bath, or a perfect stretch after napping. It was invigorating; calming, just what I needed! Tomorrow, I will try again, and hopefully the next day and the day after that..ahhhhhhhh..breathe deeply.




No comments: