Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Little Things

Orange Roses
View from our verandah. I love the palm tree
Palm Tree
A new fern leaf growing in our fern plant pot





This is a time in my life where I am seeking out the joy in seemingly small things. A bouquet of roses which only cost me $2.50, the palm tree outside our house, a new fern shoot beginning to uncurl its leaves. At a time when life is turbulent and many challenges crowd the day, these little things manage to clear out a tiny space of joy and peace in my world and provide a moment of clarity; a chance to breathe.

2 comments:

Karebear said...

I'm a huge fan of your orange theme. May you continue to delight in the small things, for there the Lord is glorified.

Nicole MacIver Okiring said...

Hey! Glad I found a fellow Orange fan! :-) Thanks for the comment!