Monday, August 02, 2010

I Wonder

What would it mean to embrace the struggles, the challenges, the disappointments and unmet expectations in my life? Instead of fighting against all these things, using up all my strength and energy in the process and still coming up empty, what if I wholeheartedly embraced the pain along with the joy? The hurt along with the love? Frustration alongside elation? I wonder if I could really squeeze meaning out of all of it. To use those things that are supposed to be against us, as catalysts towards a deeper intimacy with my very own self...

2 comments:

Lori said...

I've been wrestling with these very same questions myself.

What does it look like to embrace and accept the struggles, challenges, disappointments and unmet expectations? How do you embrace pain?

Nicole MacIver Okiring said...

I think maybe that's what PEACE might look like...