Monday, March 08, 2010

Another Finding My Inner Artist Moment

After quite an anxious-filled, stressful week, I had 2 glorious days off and I hardly knew what to do with myself. My friends suggested I try painting again, so I took out my drawing pad and sketched this picture of a little girl I knew in Arua, Peace. It was surprising to me that the process of sketching this little girl who I know and love and miss along with all my African family, helped me release some of the junk of the previous week. It was in some small way, "healing" for me. It doesn't really matter to me that I don't know a thing about shading or sketching, I'm just proud of the result because it's mine and it made me feel better. It was my own art therapy session! 


1 comment:

Karebear said...

Woah Nicole, after going through a lot of your blog, I can't believe how much our two worlds collide. I'm excited to see how God leads in your life. Cheers.