Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. This is my third Christmas in Africa and it is always strange for me. Just doesn't have the same feel to it. But I still enjoyed eating the 20 different flavours of Italian ice cream made by the host of the Christmas Eve party we went to. Marscipone cheese, coffee, pineapple...mmmmm...

Christmas Day I got to gorge myself on a proper turkey dinner made by Vikki, one of our base leaders. They raised the turkey themselves, slaughtered, stuffed and cooked it! I was immensely impressed! I helped make the apple pie we had for dessert. Yum! Then we all played the Wright's Wii they got for Christmas! Was pretty rad. Found out I'm a pretty good Wii bowler. But not as good as Regina who has never played a video game in her life! She got top score!


From left: Regina, Harriet, Martha, Benjamin
Me and my bro Jono
How weird to see Christmas decorations andGREEN grass
This was a massive tree in the backyard of the Christmas Eve party we went to!
Christmas carols by candlelight, my favorite part of Christmas

No comments: