Monday, June 25, 2007

Back in Canada

It's always so strange to me how I can go from one way of life to another so rapidly. Often, I wonder if I just dreamed up these African adventures because they seem so far away from me now. Other times, I will see a Sudanese person walking the Calgary streets and I get this tugging, pulling on my heart, realizing it wasn't just a dream, it was a dream come true and in some small way I can identify with that person living in this culture so foreign from their own. And all the while I'm trying so hard to accept being here in my own culture even as the scents and sights and sounds of a far-off place haunt me daily.

Back in Canada

1 comment:

Rob Scott said...

Nicole,
Definitely go ahead and post the Teenage Affluenza video ... it seems very relevant to this post; being stuck in between the first and third worlds.

I'll email you the embeding code so you don't need to go search out the vid.