Monday, December 04, 2006

World AIDS Day 2006

For World Aids Day we worked in conjunction with the police station next to Beautiful Gate and some local social workers. We performed a little skit about having hope while living with HIV. 1 in 4 people here are infected with HIV so it is important that while we raise awareness about how to prevent HIV infection, we also encourage those living with HIV that they can still have a full and happy life. ARV treatment makes it possible now for people to live much longer and to remain healthier for longer.

Our verse we quoted in the skit is 1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear."

If you didn't know it was World Aids Day on December 1, I reccommend taking time to think about what HIV/Aids means in your life and what part you can play in helping to raise awareness and stopping the spread of this pandemic!

www.data.org
www.joinred.com
www.stephenlewisfoundation.org
www.unaids.org




3 comments:

Christina - lina said...

I thought about you lots on Friday. I hope everything is good with you and that you are staying positive, strong and focused.
Love you & miss you lots.
Ciao,

mikey g said...

you look warm and happy as an actress EH! next the screen play

Anonymous said...

Nikki!! hey its your bro. I know I haven't even written to you yet, big surprise that is I know. But I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas now so I don't forget! I love you and miss you a lot. I hope you have an awesome break!! It sounds amazing, I'm jelious! lol. k well I promise to try and write you more!! By sis.
Your little bro