Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Amazing...


At Boulders Beach to see the penguins. They didn't say anything to the penguins about cleaning up after themselves.....ewwww

Before the school officially started, we took the students that were here already to Boulders Beach to see the penguins. They smelled. (Not the students, the penguins). But I particularly liked the word 'poo' just flung out there on the signs, sounds so posh. "poo bin..." I attracted quite a few stares from my choice of headwear, but I am the only Canadian in this group and I feel like I have to get it out somehow. No one understands Timmies, touques or even the rodeo....sigh....such an uncultured group of people. ;-)

I am enjoying the students though. They are seriously intense though. My staff team (the 3 of us), did an overview of HIV/Aids for them and they were furiously writing down everything we were telling them. Intimida-shun!

I was really, really stressed out, but my fabulous staff team helped rearrange the duties so i feel a bit more balanced. I finally had a nap this afternoon, a glorious, uninterrupted 2 hours of sweet sleep. Mwah! Things are so much better after a good sleep and meal.

I still have no clue about what I'll be doing after this year is up, but oddly, I'm OK with that. I can't believe it, can anyone else who knows me believe it? I am really OK with whatever plan God has for me. I am really just at peace with the whole darn thing.

Amazing....

7 comments:

Rob Scott said...

Cowboy hat rocks!

Poo-sign rocks!

"Being at peace with the whole thing" rocks!

You rock!

Rock rocks!

BUT rocks don't rock.

Charmaine said...

Nicole,

You are on the other side of the planet, and you are still making me smile!

Amazing!

And as for "what you'll be doing after this year is up"?

Anything you want, girlfriend!

Michelle said...

Ahhh...I know you'll hate me for this but remember Drop Dead Fred??? Oh yes you do, you just wish you could forget it. That's what poo reminds me of. Now you're having flahbacks to scenes from the movie and you can't help it, you are giggling a little bit. Very soon you will drive the people around you crazy with quotes from the movie which will come out at the most inappropriate times like, "no panties- NO PANTIES!!!"
YEAH!!!!!

mikey gee said...

yeah baby dog poo i hope you ain't eatin it, save it for adam or mike m, they may have to come and make a movie with you, just joking but snd a email picture to susan with the penguins waddling

melinda said...

hay chicky i know you'r comin home soon.
i can see it writin all over you'r sad face just how much you miss me.
always thinkin of ya and praying that you'r safe.
by the way i'll have the internet hooked up in no time.
miss ya, yo girl melinda
take care, god bless

Rob Scott said...

'Cole,
I just showed this pic to Emily and Kaylee. They were VERY happy to see you.

Kaylee says, "I want to say POO! 'Cole will think that's funny! I want you to tell her that I miss you."

Emily says, "DowywowyPOO! Baa baa black sheep any wool. Twinkle Twinkle .... I gotta get my book so I can know it ... twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the sky so BRIGHTTTTTTTTT! So dark ... HA! Twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are."

I bet you hear stuff like this all the time.
God bless,
Rob

Nicole said...

Melinda baby! I miss you girl! Hurry up and get internet so we can e-mail! Love from Africa!