Monday, July 03, 2006

HIV/Aids Presentation

I presented at The House Coffee and Sanctuary yesterday afternoon. The House is where my church, King's Bridge, holds our weekly outreaches.

There's this emotion I am becoming more familiar with before I do any public speaking which is a mix between nervousness and focus. I think I might actually enjoy public speaking, which, if you know me at all, is one of those things you come to understand as Jesus transforming a person and equipping them to do the thing He wants them to do (like public speaking). Or maybe it's just growing up. I remember thinking I would literally die if I had to get up in front of a crowd and talk. The funny thing is, I was so heavily involved in drama back then. But playing the role of someone else is easier than being yourself. If the crowd rejects your character, what's that to you? They're not real. But if a crowd rejects you, then...ouch!

Anyway, the good news is I'm doing better with public speaking. The even better news is, as a result of the presentation, I raised $2000 for my trip! Thank you all! So I am almost there. I still need $3000 but I have another presentation to come at a church I'm involved with. I'm really looking forward to it, cuz, I love talking about myself! Hahahaha...case in point: my blog!!

No comments: