Sunday, June 04, 2006

"People will listen to you and could be willing to help"-Jones Soda cap quote

Not that I believe the lid of my soda bottle is speaking to me, but God definitely is...

I met a South African tonight at the coffee shop, Ray. He immigrated to Canada in January and says he loved Canada as soon as he arrived. Even the snow! He wanted to know my impressions of South Africa and what I'd be doing there and we had good conversation. Man! His accent alone gave me goosebumps; I am really going! (insert little shriek of anticipation here).

He said talking to me made him homesick, but talking with him made me very excited! I am going to a very special place, where there is so much opportunity to make a difference in people's lives and I am truly looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new people and seeing God do His 'thang!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! See, Africas is then calling you back, =), I really don't know you, but for what I read in your posts, I guess you are a very caring and sensitive soul. I wish you spend the best time of your life, there.

Say hello to my dear friend Shannon, for me.

Augusto
::In the land of lakes and volcanoes::

Nicole said...

Thank you Augusto! I will pass on your greetings to Shannon.