Friday, March 24, 2006

Whoa

Ok, it's no surprise to anyone about how much I want to go back to Africa, but I'm not there yet, I am here. And a wise friend told me to be content where I am right now. I told him, 'yah, yah, of course, yah, I'm totally gonna be content, yah, cool, content...'

THEN, I read these verses this morning:

"Woe to those...who say, 'Let God hurry, let him hasten his work so we may see it. Let it approach, let the plan of the Holy One of Israel come, so we may know it.' " -Isaiah 5:19

And I knew these words for me. I saw myself as a little child pestering daddy about when that big exciting trip to Disneyland will be, everyday, asking, pleading, going even so far as to make it go faster for God, "helping him" make it happen.

I'm not sure what the "woe" is in the verse above but I've decided to not find out. Time to let go of the reins AGAIN!

3 comments:

_brian_J_s said...

Thanks for stopping by(so to speak)the other day. hope you are enjoying the outdoors and that the weather is warming up for you.

also thanks for sharing what God has been showing you about patience and trusting him it's a lesson I am learning as well.

Quill said...

Nicole I love this peace that I see in you and the trust and patience you have allowed to develope...Great having coffee and a chat...know you are loved..."Trust in The Lord"

RollyDad

roomie said...

Nicole,
this verse really spoke to me about you,
"Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless." 1Cor15:58
One of the things that I know that you are doing in the Lord's service is leading worship at church on Wednesdays. I am personally blessed and ministered to every week by this.(when I make it in time) I can't tell you how important and beneficial this is to me. I guess you have to find a replacement before you can ever go away!!
Byron