Monday, March 06, 2006

Inevitable Freedom

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and do not let yourselves be burdened by a yoke of slavery." -Galatians 5:1

Freedom seems to be the theme for the past year of my life. And I want it so bad. Freedom from past pain, freedom from fear, freedom to be me, freedom from expectations I put on myself and others, freedom from others' expectations of me, freedom to love, freedom to be loved, freedom to live and breathe this Love.

I believe freedom is coming. I believe freedom whispers to me like the whisper of Spring at the close of Winter. Like the seasons are sure to change, freedom is sure to come. It's inevitable.

3 comments:

_brian_J_s said...

I followed your post at iwillworship.com i appriciate what you have to say here (also checked out thebeerpriest)here in the mid west(u.s.)it is all too common to see an oppresive religious spirit at work in a majority of churches it is refreshing to see children of God loving and living life and i pray that God blesses all of you with his perfect will for your lives and with that freedom that only Christ can bring.

grace and peace in Jesus name,

Jay

Nicole said...

Thank you Jay!

auntie Shannon said...

Okay niksikoa,

I'm with you on the freedom train. Fully. I keep coming back to how dern tootin' committed God is to our freedom. ...my scary (but good) question keeps coming back - so what am I doing with it now that I know I've got it. It's sort of eery and ironic that I'm free to do what I like with my freedom.

oh, and are you ready for this one -- the scripture you quoted doesn't seem to indicate that freedom is coming, actually. It would seem more to indicate that it was here a long time ago. It's the standing firm that comes and goes.... ...and comes again -I pray for you and me and anonymous Osaka and this Jay guy and the people that break our hearts and the little people growing up around us and the people we feel little around and ... especially you and me in our little house cause god gave us each other for a reason in this time - n'est pas?!

...and once again, I'm all blah blah blah and you're like blamo! (see my belated comment on the constant gardner)