Sunday, March 12, 2006

Chez Moi

I just might have the best living situation ever. My pastor/landlord/father of the twins I nanny/older brother I never had/longtime friend, Rob lives upstairs with his family (Stacey, Emily and Kaylee) and I live down here with Shannon who is the auntie of the girls and my best friend. So really, we are like one little family.

On Friday night we borrowed The Village (a strange and eerie movie) from them and were watching it here when we heard a knock on the door at the bottom of our stairs. We paused the movie and yelled 'Come in!' and Rob appeared with nylon over his face, smushing and contorting it disturbingly, his hood up, and holding two bowls of rhubarb crisp while he tried to speak in his best creepy, creature-like voice a la M. Night Shyamalan. Shannon and I laughed so hard, I'm not sure how we were able to get back into the eerie, creepiness of the movie.

And that's why I think I have the best living situation ever. There is no shortage of laughter in this house, whether it's Rob, Stacey, Shannon, me or the twins, not to mention that whenever we are struggling, we have a community right at our fingertips to find support, encouragement and prayer in AND free rhubarb crisp!

6 comments:

roomie said...

-shamalalamalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nicole said...

Ok, Ok, I'm sorry. I have the SECOND best living situation ever!

Rob Scott said...

Uh,
Excuse me ... second best? "Shamalama blah blah blah get-some-speach-therapy-please" beats out psychotic fruit crisp delivery?

Am I going to have to dangle my daughers outside your windows on bungy cords or flood the basement and mix tonnes of jello powder in just to be appreciated now?

By the way? What kind of horrible places have you lived that make pantie-hose wearers and "shamalamalamablaaaaaaaaaaa" slurers the best living situations by comparison?

Nicole said...

Gooooooooood Question.............

Quill said...

What a landlord has to do these days to keep his tenants happy...smiles on you guys...Rolly

mike said...

you know I've never had rubarb...put being served by a masked man...weekly! well maby bi-weekly.