Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

So, Christmas, my birthday and New Years have come and gone faster than the exodus of Glenbow employees at quittin' time. I wanted to come up with something witty or profound or funny about the last few weeks but it is all a blur of work, Christmas parties and food (mainly of the sugar variety. I was never so happy to see salted nuts on our coffee table in the staff room!) I was thankful to be with my family but there never seems to be enough time especially now that there are in-laws involved in both my sister and my mother's lives, not to mention Scott's girlfriend's family who wanted some of Scott at Christmas. On Christmas day I would have been stranded had I not been invited to my sister's place to celebrate with her husband's fam. (our immediate family does the Christmas Eve thing). It's a strange adjustment, how my family has changed and will continue to change. (Scott and Amanda are looking at rings).

As for my Africa plans, well, I was pretty sure I wanted to head off to Nigeria but because of the accident and death of Rahim, it likely will not happen and I am sort of stuck back at square one, my longing for Africa delayed some more. I know though, that it will happen and maybe more time here is necessary. I've been building some close relationships with some co-workers and I'm going to get involved in a worship arts community/discipleship group here and heck, if I stay till the summer, I might get to see a whole bunch of YWAMers from SA including my crazy best friend Mike Ozaki who MUST see the Calgary Stampede!

4 comments:

roomie said...

Well, I certainly won't be disappointed if God delays your departure for a while :)

Nicole said...

Thanx dude! I'm gonna go leave a comment on your blog now.

mom said...

Hey, it is very strange for me too...I actually would prefer to stay with my kids but married life creates new traditions...just know Nikki chick that change is not always easy..but it does stretch you..love mom

Nicole said...

Don't worry mommy! I love you always and forever and I was just talking to Michelle about how wonderful it is to know you are being taken care of by a great guy! I just don't like being left out is all! :-)