Thursday, January 12, 2006


Christopher


A co-worker of mine, Mike, sent me some great packages while I was in South Africa last year. In it he put crayons, colouring books, stickers and a few toys for the kids at Beautiful Gate. I had one of these kids, Christopher, colour a picture of some horses for Mike and put a message on it from him. I kept it until I got home and then I gave it to Mike, along with a photo of Christopher blown up to 8x10.

He had it framed and I just saw the finished product today! It's so beautiful with the picture of Christopher and his colouring of the horses below. I was touched by Mike's care and concern for these children; in fact, I am touched by the involvement of many of my co-workers at the museum!

I have been getting updates from friends still at BG and it breaks my heart to hear how these children, though relatively healthy physically, are struggling emotionally, wondering why their families do not take them home, or why they don't have families at all. These children need families! I want to be a family for a child in need someday. Someday soon.

No comments: