Thursday, December 01, 2005

World AIDS Day 2005




"World AIDS Day 2005, themed 'Stop AIDS. Keep the promise.' will focus on keeping commitments to stop AIDS at all levels: personal, community, organizational, governmental." (www.unaids.org)

Last year, at this time, I was attending a memorial service in the township's cememtery for the children who had passed away while in the care of Beautiful Gate. Fortunately for me, the children I knew and loved at BG were on ARV's by then and were much healthier than the their friends who had died of AIDS in the first few years of BG's existence.I say fortunate for me because I did not have to endure the pain of seeing one of those beautiful children die. I don't know how I would have coped. I don't know how anyone copes in the face of such a devastating disease.

Check out these websites

www.unaids.org
www.beautifulgate.org
www.avert.org
www.care.ca

No comments: