Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Rahim


"Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words." -Rahim Akazu

Today I found out my friend Rahim died in a bus accident in Nigeria along with several others. He was a student on the HIV/AIDS school that I attended in Cape Town last year and he was making plans to start a similar school in Nigeria. I was considering going to help him with this school along with some other friends. Now, we're not sure of anything.

Please keep us in your prayers, especially those who were closest to Rahim.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hey! I just emailed you so please get back to me! I'm so sorry to hear about this!

Chase said...

Oh Nicole, I am SO sorry for your loss! I will pray for you and your friends during this time. Just remember that when life seems the darkest and most confusing, our faith provides a way for us to consider all things joy. It's so hard sometimes, but we have a source of unending joy in Christ. Love you so much!!!

--Heidi

Anonymous said...

Nico,
I haven't talked to you in a long time and just randomly saw an old e-mail about your blogs. So here I am...just wanted to say i love you and am praying for you, sis. I am sad to hear about your friend Rahim. I don't understand how God gives and takes away, much less why. What a powerful vision of starting another HIV/Aids school. If it's God behind the plan, even death won't stop it. I miss you.
God is with us!
Beth
young2be@gmail.com

Nicole said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragememnt!!!