Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Oh My Goodness!!

So, here's the thing....God is Good. But I often act as if He isn't. As though He will not come through for me the 7 billionth time, as though He does not have my best interests in mind, as though He does not care about my hopes and dreams....But if I believe He is Good, GOOD, then my life should reflect that...

I had a good conversation with my mom and sister over dessert last night and it dawned on me, not for the first time of course but every time it does dawn on me it's like the first time, my family, the way we are today, is a miracle! We are a miracle! After all the shit we've been through, to be where we are, loving, growing, hoping, trusting, well it is God shouting from the rooftops, "I CARE!" And the most amazing part is, He isn't just stopping here. He keeps on giving amazing gifts to us, like my mom got Rolly and Michelle got Kirk and Scott got his dream job and I have been to Africa 4 times now before my 27th birthday! I've met amazing people and have friends all over the world! I know He will keep giving and teaching us how to live, to really live and to really love. I know there are things in store for us we can't even imagine because they are so amazing.....because GOD IS GOOD!

I want to start living it out more. This truth. I want to really believe it. Even when it seems the odds are against me. And I want to keep getting these revelations of His goodness at work in my life and in my family's life. Cuz it's just.... freakin'.... cool!

1 comment:

Dan & Jess said...

I'm slacking on leaving comments! I'm sorry! Love you!