Monday, October 03, 2005

It's as though it becomes clearer from above it all. The tinyness of human life and the scope of the beauty of the earth stretching in every direction... and my life.

Flying thousands of feet in the air, I'm always amazed these large metal contraptions stay up there afloat. Everyone around me is settled into their seats reading the paper, a book, typing on their laptop oblivious to the fact that we are part of this miracle way up high. That's when I understand the finiteness of man. Sure we can fly, but we don't know how to stop gravity when we begin to fall. We are so finite.

And for once I am so glad God is God. And that I do have moments in which I trust Him completely with my little life. Yes, and that I trust in His infinite Goodness. It sounds awfully simple but for me, this too is a miracle. A miracle of faith. Faith I thought I'd lost. I think I was just too close to the earth seeing those tiny rivers as raging oceans...

...to embrace this Love that chases me, is also to embrace my inability to receive without His help. It is also to embrace myself right here and now for who I am, fumbling and finite.

He makes me strong, He makes me eternal, He makes me OK.

Whoa...I believe I just shivered in the anticipation of what this freedom really means...

3 comments:

Chase said...

sweet revelation.

mike said...

This post makes me really happy. Like and peace kind of happy. I think I'll write a e-mail now.

Jess said...

I need you to send me your new phone number again! Email me! I can't find it!