Friday, July 01, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!!

Canada is 138 years old today! Woo-hoo! We had a Canada day BBQ, ate lots of Alberta beef (yum!), drank ONLY Canadian beer, and watched an episode of a Corner Gas, a Canadian sitcom based in Saskatchewan. It's actually pretty darn funny! And in keeping with our multi-cultural heritage, we even had a guest from Thailand!
Does anyone know the "I Am Canadian" beer commercial? Yah, they played it today on the radio and I just had to laugh at how we fight so hard to be UN-like our fine neighbors to the South. (Confession time: I actually like Americans.)
Only a few more days until the Stampede starts! I love Stampede Week! Pancake breakfasts, here I come!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Canada! I salute you!
alberta beef! I salute you!
Stampede! I salute!

And raise my arms in triumph feeling somewhat responsible for you liking of americans!

-mike-

Jessica said...

Americans aren't so bad otherwise I wouldn't be marrying one!