Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Burden

My burden grows steadily
Heavy across my already tense shoulders
With every question
Every doubt of your intentions
Every ache for past love
Every lonely memory of extraordinary experiences
As I wait impatiently for the bus, in the rain.

It's not that I don't believe,
It's all these pieces I try anxiously,
Tirelessly to fit together.
It's the deepness unable to be voiced
Swallowing me up in its vastness.
It's a desperation trying to work it out before it's too late
It's the extra weight each day seems to add
Heavy,
Heavier,
But
I
Won't
Crack!
Stubborness to hold on
Fear to let go

This is all there is left to define me
This weight,
To lose it....

Then who will I be?
And who will you be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gives me goose bumps.

Anonymous said...

This gives me goose bumps.

mike-(I fogot to sign my name last time)

Nicole said...

Thanx