Monday, June 20, 2005

Perspective

I had a really good Sunday. Though I have been battling mild flu-like symptoms for a week (malaria???), I still enjoyed it. I first had coffee with my pastor/brother/friend/fellow journeyer, Rob. Now, he is just an all around cool guy and he gets me. He helps me see things in perspective and perspective is a VERY valuable thing! So I realized my need to be easier on myself, allow myself time to chill, to not be afraid to feel and express the various emotions I have been feeling. I left that meeting more positive and way more encouraged that this is all part of the plan. Like my blog says, it's all about the Journey.

So then I went to this Sudanese church with my friend Shannon. I have to say, Sudanese people are Gorgeous! Tall and very dark and regal. They were so happy to have visitors and we chatted with some of them. We were introduced to one of the church elders, Gabriel, who I realized I'd met last year when I was volunteering with a refugee family. He remembered me too which was awesome and I just started to really relax. It felt familiar.... a nice feeling. Genuine lovers of Jesus, colourful clothes, dancing, clapping (no djembi though).... I might have to go back.

And after that we went to my mom's house to celebrate Father's Day with my stepdad Rolly. It is a strange thing to be celebrating Father's Day again after quite a few years of not and for someone who's not my biological dad. But Rolly has been a healing balm in all our lives; he's an answer to prayer and I'm very happy to let him know how thankful I am for him.

Ciao!

No comments: