Monday, May 09, 2005

O Canada

I've been wondering these past few days since I've been home, what makes Canadians different from the rest of the world? I don't know if everyone is just sleepy still from winter, but people seem quieter here, more reserved, in their own worlds a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be home and I love Canada, but I've just come from one of the livliest places I've ever been to. Cape Town is busy, big, moving, vibrant and interested in...me. People there want to know where I'm from and what I'm doing. Strangers aren't exactly strangers there. They are potential friends.

Well, I guess I still have a lot to process. I am sooooo tired still from the travelling and the thinking. A lot of thinking. Too much thinking? I need to find some place or people to be totally silly with so I can laugh at myself and put things into perspective.

I'll be back

Cheers,
Nicole

No comments: