Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My Last Few Hours in South Africa

As I sit here at the computer, just hours away from a physical journey that will take me from Cape Town, South Africa, back home to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I begin to think of the past 7 months and all I've experienced during the wildly exciting, sometimes downright bleak and disturbing journey that my spirit took while here. Studying and working (volunteering) at Beautiful Gate in Crossroads has sharpened my desire for Truth. Who is this God I claim to believe in and serve? What does He think about me? What does He think about missions and HIV/Aids, and all our strivings to be 'good Christians?' Is there more to living this life than I realize? Do I really know anything at all?

I have so many questions and I guess that's why I'm here. I hope as I question and seek God for the answers that I will grow in my love and desire for Him. As I do that, I'm sure He will lead me to places and people I never dreamed of. At least I know this: my God is extravagant in His giving. He always exceeds my expectations!

I look forward to letting you know what sorts of things I see along this part of my path. I don't think it will always be easy-ok, I know it won't always be easy, but I have all of you! That's what makes this living stuff so great. Relationships with God and with you.

Ok! Gotta FLY! 'Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again....'

You'll hear from me in Canada!

2 comments:

roomie said...

How come no one comments on these earlier entries. They have feelings to you Know.

Anonymous said...

I Totally agree! These entries ROCK!